Powered By Blogger
Custom Search

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Empty Love

I don't know where to start so if I ramble I apologize. I've been dating a girl for 2.5 years now and the bond of the heart doesn't seem to be progressing for her. Sometimes I get a feeling like it is...and then all the sudden she seems to back off...First she comes on strong like she'll love you with all her heart then it fades to dust. How can someone tell you they love you but they don't like to hold hands in public or private. No hugs. No kisses. When you receive a hug and there is no warm feeling from it or the only way to get a kiss is to ask for it. A kiss that is straight lipped with no passion behind it at all. It kills me inside to not receive any affection back. It's what I refer to as empty love. A love that is there...or is said out loud with no action to back it up. It's a love that is reactive and not proactive. Is there anyone else in a relationship where the love is like this? This can't be normal. If someone exhibits this kind of empty love feelings is there ever going to be hope that it will change at age 35? I would love to receive any comments or suggestions.

2 comments:

lynsey said...

My husband is that way, good description - empty love.
He isn't affectionate at all. No kissing, or hand-holding. Sometimes hugs, but if I initiate. Yet our sex is good, no complaints there. He grew up in a household with no affection.
But he leaves a note every morning when he goes to work saying Love you XXXX.
I don't get it, but I'm used to it cause we've been married a long time. I have told him I like to kiss, make out, but he isn't comfortable with it I guess. Would it be cheating if I found a guy to make out with, but no sex? I sometimes want that, and my husband doesn't want to even though I have told him I want it.

Beach Cruiser said...

Empty love is what I feel from her...It's like they just go through the motions. In another comment I was told maybe I should man up and walk away or learn to accept her crappy attitude...but maybe she needs to WOMAN up and just tell me hey I don't love u. I just love what you do for me...cause that's really how I feel she feels right now. As for cheating...I agree...if the one at home that says they love you doesnt offer to satisfy your needs within reason...is it cheating? Can you kiss and make out without having sex? Cause usually that's where the feelings lead to...But I'm not sure...how long have you been married...was he that way when you dated? how long did you date?